One Minute Chocolate Cake, A Myth?

So I was reading a food blog a couple of days ago and I came across a strange claim. A chocolate cake that can be mixed and baked in all of 60 seconds! Yes. Just a minute!
Though I was highly skeptical to say the least and found the concept slightly laughable, I did have all the ingredients at home and definitely had a minute to spare.
So I went through the recipe for this wonder cake which is egg-less, butter-less AND does not require an oven to bake it in! A microwave will do the job and the recipe said it made a single portion so I went ahead and gave it a try.
Though I will have to admit that the recipe this particular site had given didn't quite work for me and it took me three remakes and a bit of modification to get it right it did come out surprisingly fluffy and moist in the end (and I would say it is more a pudding rather than a cake). Also it definitely did not take 1 minute.
Gathering and measuring out the ingredients took 2 minutes, mixing took 1 minute and baking took almost another minute. So I conclude that this cake can be made in 5 minutes and 3 minutes if you work like a ninja. :D

Here is the recipe that did work for me in the end and since it is faster to just spoon in ingredients all the quantities are in tablespoons.

INGREDIENTS:

Flour                         3 tbsp
Powdered Sugar         2 tbsp
Cocoa Powder           2 tbsp
Milk                          3 tbsp
Refined Oil                2 tbsp
Baking Powder          1/12 tbsp
Vanilla Essence          1/4 tbsp
Salt                            Pinch

METHOD:

·   Mix all the dry ingredients (Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder and Salt) together.
·   Mix all the moist ingredients (Milk, Sugar, Oil and Vanilla Essence) together in a        separate bowl.
·   Fold the dry ingredients into the moist ingredients.
·   Immediately pour batter into a microwave-proof bowl or a ramekin mold and pop into the oven.
·   Bake at 150oC for 40-60 seconds (depending on whether you want your cake gooey or firm).
·   Eat straight from the bowl or de-mold it when cool.




Try it out at home and let me know if this worked for you. Feel free to make modifications and post better recipes. Go on!! Make it cake! It is just a matter of 5 minutes!!! ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Princesses

Peter Gilmore's Eight Texture Cake: Day 1

Popsicles are Forever