"Got any Grapes?"

I cannot believe I just quoted 'The Duck Song' in my post title!! :P
Anyway, I swear by that song and it just seemed so appropriate because of my obsession with grapes. <3 <3 <3 In fact I love grapes so much, it has become quite a joke in my class how grapes and I are a match made in loony-about-a-fruit-land. 
Don't get me wrong, I like green grapes too, but black and red grapes are what make my heart skip a beat! Grapes are my greatest dessert fruit muse no doubt. In a tropical country like India they are the closest you can get to berry heaven, both in terms of the tangy sweetness and the beautiful purple colour.
My favourite thing to do with red and black grapes are to make compotes, jams and coulis out of them. You can then store this in glass jars for at least one month refrigerated and can use it for plated dessert presentations, as a dessert sauce, as a fruit salad dressing, as a breakfast spread or just to eat straight out of the jar.
The following is my beautifully simple and therapeutic recipe for Black Grape Jam:

INGREDIENTS:

Seedless Black Grapes             1 kg
Sugar                                        500 g (Adjust according to the sweetness of the grapes)
Lime                                         3 nos (Adjust according to the sourness of the grapes)

METHOD:



De-stem the grapes.
\
Mash slightly in a pan on medium heat.
Allow them cook in their own juices.
Do not add any extra water.

Add sugar and lime juice when the grape juice starts lessening.


Cook on medium-low heat till sticky, jam-like consistency is achieved.

Cool it down and store in jars. Enjoy!! ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Little Princesses

Peter Gilmore's Eight Texture Cake: Day 1

Popsicles are Forever